Using our website, including making a reservation or purchase with our designated reservation system, signifies your assent to these terms and conditions ("Terms") of Memory Lane Inn. If you do not agree to these terms, please leave this website or do not make any reservations. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice, to this Site (http://www.memorylaneinn.com). You agree to check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. Your reservation following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions will mean that you accept those changes.
These Terms and Conditions are binding between Memory Lane Inn ("I", "we", "us" and "our") and the person, people, or organization visiting the premises or submitting a reservation with us ("you", "your", "guest"). "Property" and "premises" refer to any or all of the properties owned by Memory Lane Inn.
Capacity to Act
By making a reservation with us, you warrant that you are above 18 years of age (or 16 years of age or older accompanied with a parent or legal guardian), you have authority to bind your group, and you have the capacity to act in accordance by law and you are not legally disqualified to enter into agreement as provided by law.
By visiting and/or making a reservation with us, you agree to abide by the following:
- Check-In / Check-Out - Check-in is 6am. Check-out time varies with each property and can be found on that property's reservation page. Your check-in and check-out dates & times will also be sent to you via email as part of your reservation confirmation. There is a Friday & Saturday night minimum stay on weekends, however, guests staying Friday and Saturday stay Thursday for free.
- Deposit - A $250 deposit is required to confirm your reservation and will be charged to your credit card upon submitting your reservation online. Deposit funds must come from an individual who plans on signing the rental agreement and is ultimately responsible for any reservation changes or damages for their group. We will not split deposits between multiple guests. Normal wear and tear is expected, however, any excessive damage to the Inn, its contents, the property, or anything on the property will be repaired and the repair bill will be sent to you and must be paid within 30 days of receipt.
- Balance - The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date, or immediately if arrival date is within 30 days. Amount due will automatically be charged to your card unless you contact us beforehand requesting otherwise. If we are unable to collect the amount due in full by this time (credit card authorization was denied, check returned, etc), your reservation may be cancelled and any monies paid may be forfeited. We will contact you before cancelling your reservation and try to help!
- Refunds - If a refund is requested on any amount paid, other than on a cancelled reservation (such as an overpayment or a duplicate payment), a processing surcharge of 6% will be deducted from the amount refunded to cover our merchant fees.
- Cancellations / Rescheduling
- Guest Cancellations
- More than 120 Days from Arrival - Full or partial reservation cancellations, location transfers, or date changes greater than 120 days prior to your arrival date are eligible for a full refund of any money paid towards the reservation minus a 10% cancellation fee per person being affected (based on the billed room rate per person, before any discounts or credits), or the total deposit paid, whichever is less.
- Between 120-46 Days from Arrival - Full or partial reservation cancellations, location transfers, or date changes between 120-46 days of your arrival date are eligible for a full refund of any money paid towards the reservation minus a 20% cancellation fee per person being affected (based on the billed room rate per person, before any discounts or credits), or the total deposit paid, whichever is greater.
- Within 45 Days of Arrival - Full or partial reservation cancellations, location transfers, or date changes within 45 days of your arrival date will result in no refund given and full balance due immediately.
- Partial Cancellations - A partial reservation cancellation is defined as one or more guests in your party being removed from an existing reservation.
- Cancellation for Yourself - If you wish to cancel yourself, the entire reservation will be cancelled, without the opportunity for partial cancellations, due to the reservation being in your name and your previous acknowledgement and acceptance of this binding agreement.
- Chef Service - Optional chef service is fully refundable if cancelled at least 2 weeks before your arrival date, otherwise no refund will be given.
- COVID-19 - We align with major hotel chains and AirBnB policies regarding COVID-19 cancellation policies, which is that we have no special cancellation policies due to COVID-19. After the declaration of COVID-19 as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020, COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected, therefore our cancellation policy will apply as usual.
- Cancellations by Us - Should a reservation be cancelled by us, due to no fault of our own (natural disaster, utility outage, etc), your reservation and any monies paid will be deferred to another weekend of your choice within the following two years. Should a reservation be cancelled by us, by our own choice, and you do not wish to reschedule, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
- Guest Cancellations
- Occupancy - All rates are per person and based on full bedroom occupancy. If you reserve a room that accommodates three guests, you will be charged the rate of three guests regardless of the number of guests actually staying in that room. If you occupy or otherwise utilize a room in which you did not previously reserve, you may be charged for that room.
- Discounts / Credits
- Any type of discount requested by you or your party should be redeemed during booking, but must be redeemed and applied to the reservation prior to any payment being made towards that guest's balance due; otherwise a 6% credit card processing fee will be deducted from the amount of the discount/credit to cover merchant fees imposed on us.
- Discounts cannot be split between multiple people.
- Special policies apply for reservations with discounted rates.
- When a person reserves all rooms in the house, they may be eligible for a free stay for that same weekend. The reservation must include all rooms on a single reservation to be considered for the free stay.
- You are responsible for entering any eligible discount codes at the time of booking.
- Frequent Stay Rewards Program
- To enroll in our Frequent Stay Rewards program, the guest must create an account at MemoryLaneInn.com. Each guest is responsible for tracking and entering in their own reservation numbers while logged into their account. After the guest has paid for and checked out of their reservation, they should log into their account and add that reservation number to receive credit. The reservation number can be obtained from the person who made the reservation, or by contacting us.
- To redeem a reward, it should be noted on your reservation at the time of booking. At the latest, it must be requested and credit applied to the balance on the reservation prior to any payment being made towards that guest's balance due; otherwise a 6% credit card processing fee will be deducted from the amount of the discount/credit to cover merchant fees imposed on us.
- For a reservation to be eligible for our Frequent Stay Rewards program, it may not be cancelled, transferred or otherwise invalid. The guest must have paid for the reservation in full before their scheduled check-in date, and owes no monies after their scheduled check-out date.
- Compensated reservations, either previously credited/waived or redeemed as part of the Frequent Stay Rewards program, are not eligible.
- All Frequent Stay Reward redeption requests require verification and approval. We will make the final decision and notify you accordingly.
- Frequent Stay Reward entries and credits are associated to an individual and are non-transferrable.
- Frequent Stay Rewards have no cash value.
- One Frequent Stay free stay redemption allowed per person, per reservation.
- One Frequent Stay reservation entry per person, per reservation. Multiple entries for the same reservation per account are not allowed - you cannot receive credit for other guests, whether they attended or not.
- In the event a balance is past due and we cannot collect after multiple attempts, we reserve the right to deactivate any associated Frequent Stay Reward accounts, void all prior stays on the account, and deny future redemptions.
- Reservation cancellations where a Frequent Stay Reward was redeemed will have that free stay reactivated and eligible for another reservation. Cancellation fees still apply.
- Seat / Bed Reservations - We do not reserve specific seats and/or beds for individuals so as to allow you to find the one that fits you best upon arrival.
- Payments - For payment, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal and business checks, money orders, and cashier checks. Payments can also be made online with a credit card.
- Returned Checks - A $35.00 return check fee is assessed when a check is not paid by the bank on which it is drawn.
- Smoking - We are a smoke free facility. Smoking is permitted outside only.
- Age Minimum - Guests must be 18 years of age or older, or 16 years of age or older accompanied with a parent or legal guardian unless an exception has been granted for you in advance.
- Candles - No candle burning or open flames of any sort in the house.
- Pets - No pets or animals of any kind.
- Storm / Road Conditions - No refunds will be given due to storms or road conditions.
- Liability - You are fully responsible for any damages that occur during your stay, and release us from any liability for any theft, damage or injury associated with your visit.
- Contractors - Choice of caterer, massage provider, or any other sub-contracted services are all subject to our approval. Unless prior arrangements are made with us, contractors are not allowed to enter the premises without you or somebody from your party being present. All service providers must be able to provide proof of Workman's Compensation Liability Insurance for their employees. You expressly assume responsibility for any damage to the Inn, its contents, or the property caused by the contractor you select.
- Assumption of Responsibility
- We do not assume any responsibility for any items left by you or your party, caterers, or contractors. You are responsible for removing all articles brought in by you during your visit.
- Food, drinks, soaps, plants, insects, or any other allergen source made available at our property may contain or have been in contact with wheat/gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy or other allergens. We are not responsible for allergic reactions while on our property, either from allergen sources provided by us, you or other guests sharing the property.
- Copyright Infringement & Digital Millennium Copyright Act - In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA"), you are prohibited from infringing, publishing, submitting, copying, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting, reproducing, or distributing software, video or audio content, or any other material that is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, any other type of intellectual property rights, trademark laws (by rights of privacy or publicity) or other proprietary right of any party unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same. This prohibition includes the use of any material or information including images or photographs that are made available through the internet. We assume no responsibility, and you assume all risks, regarding the determination of whether material is in the public domain, or may otherwise be used by you for such purposes. If we are notified that such prohibition occurred during your lease, you will be billed for any fees, penalties, or other costs opposed on us due to such action, in addition to all costs required to reinstate our internet service. In the event our service provider terminates our service and refuses to reinstate our service due to such prohibition, you will also be billed for any lost income due to cancelled reservations resulting from a lack of internet service on the premises for up to two weeks from the date of loss of service, or until new service is obtained, whichever occurs first.
- Access to Premises - We reserve the right to enter the property at reasonable times to inspect, make necessary repairs, supply services or show it to contractors. Whenever practicable, a 24 hour notice of our intent to enter shall be given to you.
- Eviction -
We reserve the right to evict guests for any reason, including but not limited to:
- If a guest does not pay or lacks the ability to pay
- If a guest overstays beyond the dates specified in the reservation contract
- If a guest appears to be under the influence of drugs, disorderly or otherwise creates risk of harm to employees, other guests, or neighbors
- If a guest violates the law
- Attorney's Fees - In the event that it is necessary to retain an attorney to enforce the terms of this Lease, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees & count costs required to do so. All legal proceedings must take place in court location designated by us.
- Waiver - All rights given to us by this agreement shall be cumulative in addition to any laws that exist or might come into being. Any exercise of any rights by us or failure to exercise any rights shall not act as a waiver of those or any other rights. No statement or promise by us shall be binding unless it is put in writing and made a specific part of this agreement. By placing a reservation with us, you hereby state that all questions about this Rental Agreement have been answered, that you fully understand all the provisions of the agreement and the obligations and responsibilities of each party, and spelled out herein. You further state that you agree to fulfill your obligations in every respect or suffer the full legal and financial consequences of your actions or lack of action in violation of this agreement. You accept the conditions on behalf of the party who will reside on the property on whose behalf we are duly authorized to make this agreement.
NO ENDORSEMENT: While we are picky about the vendors we mention, being included on our web site does not imply that we endorse, recommend, or favor that vendor.
DETERMINE: We do not guarantee the quality of vendors' products or their services. It's the responsibility of each user to carefully vet potential vendors to determine if they meet their personal needs. These vendors are listed as a convenience only.
HOLD HARMLESS: In no event will we be responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance upon the list of vendors or the goods or services provided by the vendor.
NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE: If you have had a negative experience with a vendor mentioned on our web site, we urge you to contact them directly, and follow up with us so we are aware. In the event of business fraud, contact the Better Business Bureau. We will not be involved with any mitigation, negotiations, or settlements.
ASSUMPTION: We do not assume any liability arising out of the use of vendors or their products mentioned on our web site. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions, and accept no liability for incidental or consequential damages arising from using any of the vendors or their products or services mentioned on our web site.
All information on this site is provided on an "as is" basis, and the user is solely responsible for his or her use of the information accessed or for any results or consequences of his or her use.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 1, 2007.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
According to the law n°78-17 of the January 6th 1978 concerning the protection of persons concerning the processing of personal information and modified by the law n°2007-801 of the August 6th 2004 (BOEM 160* and 722), the automated gathering, recording and conservation of the personal information on this website is done following a declaration of information handling to the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL). Accordingly to the article 34 and following, you have the right to ask access and rectification of your personal information by e-mail.
Statute of Limitations
Regardless of any statute or laws to the contrary, you must file any claim or cause of action arising out or related to the Website within (1) one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. This section shall survive termination of this agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is adjudged by a court to be void or unenforceable such provision shall no way affect any other provision of this Agreement, the application of the provision in any other circumstances or the validity or enforceability of this Agreement and such provision shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within legal requirement.
- You have read, fully understood all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your visiting or making reservations through this Site. No additional provisions are expressed nor implied. This AGREEMENT supersedes any all previous oral and/or written, express and/or implied agreements. By visiting this site or making any reservation, YOU HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT and ACCEPT ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS, COVENTANTS AND RESTRICTIONS, and WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
This page was last updated on February 16, 2022