*** NOTE Chef meals are not available for reservations after November 1, 2019 ***
Your Mom & Dad MAKE the chef experience. Excellent food & friendly service. We all LOVE THEM BOTH!"
I loved the food and Jean is as sweet as honey. Very thoughtful, attentive and just a delightful person."
Amazing. Fine dining and very classy, elegant servers."
Ed and Jean were the sweetest people ever! The food was just icing on the cake :)"
Don't ever pass up Jean's culinary skills when in Tyler!"
Broken Arrow, OK
The food was fantastic! Jean and Ed were so friendly and really made us feel at home. We all wanted to take her home with us!"
Your mom & dad were the highlight of the weekend. We actually squeezed in a little scrapbooking too!"
Menus are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for food allergies or reactions to consumed foods.
- Chef service is optional and is $61/person + tax ($66.03 total). Pricing includes all preparation, plated service, and cleaning, so you can spend your precious vacation time enjoying food and friendship!
- 5 home cooked meals are served, including dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch, & dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
- A variety of beverages are also included with meals, including juice, coffee, tea, bottled water, and soda.
- If the chef is not utilized during your stay, feel free to use our kitchen to prepare your own meals.
About the Chefs
Greeting you with a warm smile at every meal, Jean & Ed are your personal chefs and my loving parents.
They will prepare your meals on-site, serve you at our table, and clean up after each meal during your weekend. Their primary goal is to help you get the most out of your stay, by providing delicious food with a personal touch, while leaving you with more time to do what you want to do.
Everything is home made and absolutely delicious! The ingredients are purchased fresh from local Tyler stores and farmer's markets when possible. Our menus have been personally designed by both ourselves and Jean & Ed and all meals are prepared on-site with the exception of Sunday's breakfast.
Jean & Ed previously worked for Sue Mayborn, widow of Frank W. Mayborn, both Central Texas media icons. Jean was her personal chef for several years, and filled the challenging role of preparing a wide variety of home cooked meals to fit Mrs. Mayborn's hectic daily schedule.
We hope you enjoy your visit!
- Jennifer & Jereme Downs, Jean & Ed Nolen